Desley is a holistic counsellor and psychotherapist with expertise is in complex trauma including grief and loss, depression, anxiety, recovery from sexual abuse, post abortion trauma, self-harm, suicide bereavement, family issues and stress, workplace problems, self-esteem and social skills.
She offers supervision to practitioners and runs support groups for practitioners to develop and expand themselves personally and professionally.
For 30 years, Desley has been in private practice, facilitating ... therapy and personal growth groups and teaching all aspects of counselling, therapy, mental health and complex trauma in TAFE and private colleges.
She is an interpersonal counsellor who integrates the emotional experience and works to support you towards awakening, strengthening and achieving your fullest sense of self to realise your dreams and goals.
In her role as supervisor, counsellor, therapist and facilitator, Desley supports the concept of spiritual emergence and recognising the different symptoms of this and severe mental illness. She has a checklist to recognise when a person is breaking out of an industrialised and institutionalised framework they have been programmed into, and works to support them through this process towards their expanded, substantial and ultimate sense of self.
Desley describes herself as a midwife of peoples’ emotions, spirit and soul development. She feels it is a privilege to be alongside someone who recognises something new about themselves, which brings them into their expanded sense of self and makes a difference in their personal and professional life.
She sees her clients emerging from therapy as more substantial people, with more capacity in their everyday relationships, more confidence in their careers and their personal relationships, and expansion in their careers at the same time.
Desley has taught extensively over the past three decades in a wide range of courses including diplomas of counselling, community services, community development and soul-centred communications.
Desley has also been involved in her own personal growth and development over the past 35 years – she has trained and participated in Reiki and Seichem Energy healing, breath work/ rebirthing/ wet rebirthing in hot tubs and participation and training with the Human Awareness Institute, producers of the Love Intimacy and Sex workshops in Australia.
She now has a particular focus on supervision, and supervises complementary health practitioners, community centre managers and a range of professionals, working with them on interpersonal issues to help them become the incredible capable people they are and improve their skills in this space. Read more
Membership of professional associations
- Australian Counselling Association
Education and training
• Certificate IV Small Business Management (Sydney Business, 2012)
• TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAFE NSW, 2012)
• Certificate in Mental Health First Aid (Mental Health First Aid, 2012)
• Certificate for Professional Supervision (Clinical Counselling Centre, 2006)
• Certificate in Psychodrama (The Psychodrama Institute of NSW, 1993)
• Experiential Psychology & Psychotherapy Levels 1 & 2 (1991 & 1992)
• BA Leisure Studies, Major in Outdoor Education, Group Work & Personal development UTS (Sociology, Psychology & Social Psychology, Kuring-gai College of Advanced Education, 1990)
• Certificate in Advanced Counselling skills (Kuring-gai College of Advanced Education, 1988)
• Certificate in Counselling (Kuring-gai College of Advanced Education, 1987)
Holds a relevant Working With Children Check
Desley Creedy’s studio location
Crows Nest, NSW 2065 Australia