ThetaHealing® practitioners near you
How can ThetaHealing® nourish you?
ThetaHealing® is a non-invasive technique that accesses healing by bringing your mind into a meditative state to relearn harmful thoughts and change your reality. It is based on the idea that our subconscious mind holds emotions and behaviour patterns which manifests in our actions. By changing negative beliefs in the subconscious mind, ThetaHealing® helps to heal emotional and spiritual issues, which could lead to resolving of physical conditions. The ThetaHealing® technique is always taught to be used in conjunction with conventional medicine.
The work of ThetaHealing® is done while the brain is producing theta brain waves, one of the five frequencies at which the brain operates. Theta brain waves are of a slower speed, and our brains are often in this state just before sleeping, just after waking or when we are in a deeply relaxed state of mind. Studies have shown that theta activity in the brain is related to implicit, or subconscious, learning.
This therapy was created in 1995 by founder Vianna Stibal through her own personal journey back to health. While similar in some ways to hypnotherapy, ThetaHealing® differs in that it blends science and spirituality, using mediation and prayer to access the unconditional love of the creator and change beliefs that hold you back. While a spiritual practice, it is not associated with any particular religion and is accessible for everyone.
Despite being in a meditative state during a session, you will still be aware of your surroundings and engaging with your practitioner on personal issues. As such, it is recommended that you choose a certified practitioner registered with ThetaHealing® Australia to access treatment of the best quality.
Benefits of ThetaHealing®
Given ThetaHealing® is a fairly new modality, there has been limited scientific research done on its clinical benefits. However, a meditative state is a key aspect of ThetaHealing®, and there is a large body of research showing that meditation provides benefits such as decreased anxiety and assists with emotional regulation in stressful situations. Another central element is the spiritual aspect, which has been reported to assist in a patient's recovery.
ThetaHealing® is a holistic modality meant to benefit your body and mind. As it aims to reprogram the unconscious mind, a single session is intended to create change as practitioners assist you to release unhelpful subconscious beliefs such as thoughts of being a failure, or feeling undeserving of success. Changing your thoughts can lead to different choices, the taking of new actions and the achievement of different results. As such, ThetaHealing® may assist a range of issues such addictions, poor self-esteem or helping you to discover your ideal career.
ThetaHealing® may assist in relieving symptoms related to:
What to expect from a ThetaHealing® session
Before you begin your session, your practitioner will ask you if there are specific concerns or issues you wish to work on, and ask for permission to connect to your energy. Some practitioners may perform ‘muscle testing’ on you, which involves the practitioner asking you ‘yes’ or ‘no’ questions to see how your body intuitively responds. This may simply be your body rocking forwards, or backwards when asked a question.
Your practitioner will then go into a meditative theta state, which is intended to put you into a theta state as well. The session will involve ‘belief work’, during which you will be asked questions to discover where you may have limiting beliefs. Before any belief change occurs, the practitioner must always ask for your verbal permission, and if you are willing the practitioner will command a change in the subconscious beliefs.
A ThetaHealing® session usually lasts for 60 to 90 minutes, and people have reported feeling lighter, calm, or experiencing a ‘shift’ after a session. Sessions usually take place face-to-face in an environment conducive to relaxation, but can also occur over the phone or online.
ThetaHealing® is not intended as a replacement for conventional medical treatment. Although it is a non-invasive, gentle modality which is unlikely to cause any adverse effects, it is always important to consult your medical professional before commencing. If you have an injury or other health issue, or any concerns at all, do inform your practitioner, who will be happy to address these and explore how the session can be adjusted to best suit your individual requirements.
- What’s ThetaHealing® | thetahealing.net.au
- Discover ThetaHealing® | thetahealing.com
- Brain Wave Frequencies | nhahealth.com
- What are theta brain waves? | healthline.com
- A Meta-Analysis Suggests Different Neural Correlates for Implicit and Explicit Learning | ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
- About Vianna Stibal - Founder of ThetaHealing® | thetahealing.com
- ThetaHealing® Australia| australiathetahealing.com.au
- Home | ThetaHealing AustraliaHome | ThetaHealing Australia
- Future directions in meditation research: Recommendations for expanding the field of contemplative scienceFuture directions in meditation research: Recommendations for expanding the field of contemplative science | PMC
- Benefits of ThetaHealing® for Health as an Alternative Therapy | article.aascit.org
- What’s ThetaHealing® | thetahealing.net.au
- What is ThetaHealing®? Your Complete Guide to this Technique | bourgeon.co.uk
- What Is Theta Healing & How Does it Work? | Embry Women's Health
- Muscle Testing Techniques to Identify the Limiting Beliefs and Feelings Stored in Your Subconscious Mind | bourgeon.co.uk
- Why You Should Try ThetaHealing For Spiritual Growth | whateveryourdose.com
- What Is Theta Healing & How Does it Work? Embry Women's Health
- Frequently Asked Questions | Theta Healing Australia
- How is TH Performed? | secretsofwellbeing.com
- How does ThetaHealing® work? | bodyandsoul.com.au