Energy healers near you
How can energy healing nourish you?
The idea of being able to consciously direct a subtle form of energy with the aim of facilitating physical, mental or emotional healing has existed for thousands of years. A papyrus document from ancient Egypt, dated approximately 1550BCE, describes the use of healing touch for pain relief.
Energy healing continues to be a controversial subject in mainstream medicine, partly because the consistently high success rate reported by patients has not yet been satisfactorily replicated in a laboratory setting. One researcher has compared the opposition of Western medicine with the difficulties in acceptance once faced by theories of quantum physics, due to their confronting nature and their contradiction of the assumptions held by the scientific community of their time.
As research continues into the human biofield (a measureable electromagnetic field originating from the body), as well as the implications of biophoton emission (extremely low-power light that is radiated by all living creatures), it is possible that a rationale for energetic healing that is accepted by Western science may soon be discovered.
Benefits of energy healing
One of the common reported benefits of energy healing is the alleviation of pain. A study completed in 2015 suggested that energy healing may have resulted in a “marked improvement” of pain level for 76% of respondents. In the same study, 79% of patients whose health concern was not directly related to their pain level reported a “marked improvement” of their symptoms.
Energy healing has been studied for its effectiveness in treating health problems ranging from arthritis and bone fractures to advanced AIDS, and although initial results suggest there may be significant effects involved, further research is recommended.
According to a critical review of research into energy healing for cancer, the available evidence was insufficient for drawing reliable conclusions about the effectiveness of the practice. However, the results were significant enough for further study to be recommended, exploring possible mechanisms of action rather than simply dismissing the reported benefits as examples of the placebo effect.
Energy healing may assist in relieving symptoms related to:
What to expect from an energy healing session
There are many different forms of energy healing, and the term is often used interchangeably with ‘spiritual healing’; the usual distinction is that spiritual healing is a religious or faith-based practice. Some people prefer their healing to have a spiritual aspect, while others seek energy healing that is strictly secular. Please ask your practitioner which variety of energy healing they provide if this is a concern for you.
Among the many options you have to choose from are chakra alignment (which involves harmonising the body’s energy centres) and distance healing (which doesn’t require you to be physically present near the practitioner). How your session will progress depends on the exact variety of energy healing you select.
In general, your therapist will ask you about your general health, as well as the specific reason why you have chosen to undertake energy healing. They will usually begin the session by helping you become grounded, relaxed and receptive to the treatment; this might be by asking you to lie down comfortably, or through quiet, soothing music.
Your practitioner will ‘tune in’ to your energy field and set their intention for the healing, and either gently place their hands on you or bring their hands near your body. They will usually focus their attention near the affected area if you are suffering from a localised complaint. The practitioner will consciously direct their awareness to restore balance and integrity to your biofield; many practitioners describe the process as releasing blockages and allowing energy to flow freely again.
After the healing session, some people report uncomfortable experiences such as strange sensations in their body or emotional fragility. This is not common, but practitioners advise that it’s a natural aspect of the healing process as your energy field may undergo some fluctuations before reaching a harmonious state of balance.
Excluding such discomforts that you may experience after your treatment, energy healing usually carries virtually no risk of adverse effects. However, as with any exercise or wellness program, please consult your medical professional before commencing energy healing; it is not advised as a replacement for conventional medicine. If you have any concerns at all, also speak to your energy healer, who will customise the session to suit your requirements.
- More Celebrities Are Using Energy Healing | But Does It Work? | Health.com
- Does Energy Healing Work? Watch 'Healer' Charlie Goldsmith And Decide For Yourself | Forbes
- Spiritual Healing | The Quantum Medicine of Dan J. Benor, M.D. | liebertpub.com
- The Biofield Hypothesis | Its Biophysical Basis and Role in Medicine | The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine | Mary Ann Liebert, Inc
- PayPerView | An Introduction to Human Biophoton Emission | Karger Publishers
- Energy Medicine | Current Status and Future Perspectives | PMC
- Feasibility of Energy Medicine in a Community Teaching Hospital | An Exploratory Case Series | The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine | Mary Ann Liebert, Inc
- Energy Healing | A Complementary Treatment for Orthopaedic an... | Orthopaedic Nursing
- A randomized double-blind study of the effect of distant healing in a population with advanced AIDS. Report of a small scale study. | PMC
- Energy Healing for Cancer: A Critical Review | Abstract | Forschende Komplementärmedizin / Research in Complementary Medicine 2011, Vol. 18, No. 3 | Karger Publishers
- chakra-balancing-clinic | Awareness Institute
- Worldwide Distant Healing | Red Spirit Energy Healing
- What is Energetic Healing? | Healing Energy
- Energy Healing | What to Expect | Energy Intuitives
- What Can I Expect in a Typical Session? | Taking Charge of Your Health | Wellbeing
- What Are Energetic Blockages? | Blissful Light
- Healing Crisis After an Energy Treatment | Spirituality | Health
- Energetic Healing Side Effects? | susanjamieson.com