Teenage skin and puberty heralds the beginning of some crisis image moments for some, yet starting a good skin care regime at an early age for all teenage skins can do wonders for the skin in later years.
Skin Care Routine
A good skin care routine means feeding your body, mind and spirit with wholesome foods and pursuits. Think of your whole body as a piece of clothing that needs regular loving care and maintenance and you will have beautiful skin as you age.
Some Facts About Skin
The skin is the largest organ of the body and healthy skin requires fresh air, water, sunshine, nourishment and protection to keep a healthy equilibrium. Glowing skin needs to be fed foods that contain the vitamins A, C and E and minerals such as zinc, magnesium, folate and selenium. Sometimes in this busy world, it is difficult to maintain a healthy diet and fruit and vegetable supplements can be vital for health maintenance.
As well as feeding the body from the inside out, a good skin care regime is also vital for healthy skin. We look after our teeth with regular brushing and flossing, so why not the skin? Ideally, skin care products that are natural without harsh artificial additives are of benefit to the health of the skin. Preventative, anti-ageing skin care routines include:
- Removing makeup before going to bed at night
- Using a facial toner and applying a treatment cream after cleansing
- Using an exfoliant twice a week to assist with the removal of dead skin cells
- Protecting the skin from premature ageing by using sunblock/hats/clothing when outdoors for a period of time. Sun protection is very important yet, we all require some sun to synthesise vitamin D and to also lift our thought patterns. For this reason, it is recommended to have a daily dose of the sun either early morning or late afternoon.
- Having regular facial treatments to maintain healthy, glowing skin. A professional facial includes deep cleansing, exfoliation, steaming, massage, mask and finishing products
In a nutshell, new beginnings of a healthy skin care routine is like having an investment for the future health of your skin that will pay off into the future.
Disclaimer: This Content has been developed from our generous global community and is intended for informational purposes only. This Content is not, nor is it intended to be, a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment and should never be relied upon. Further, the personal views and experiences published are expressly those of the author, and do not represent the views or endorsement of SoulAdvisor through the act of publication on our site.