What are the different service types?
When setting up your profile and service descriptions, you will notice the different category options for your service offerings.
It is important for you to elect these to assist the booking platform to provide the appropriate functionality ie. number of participants, duration, etc, and the relevant commission structure to be applied.
The definitions below have been provided to assist you in ways to list your service offerings.
- Individual - primarily used for any 1:1 treatments, healings and/or consultations
- Group - where a service is delivered to more than one person at the same time e.g. a meditation group, monthly new moon gathering, customised or tailored group sessions, sound bath or nutritional group classes. This can happen periodically, or at an agreed time rather than a set time.
- Class - is a set time, day/date, e.g. 8am on Saturdays, and often can be accompanied with a multi-class pass e.g. a customer will pay for a 10 class pass at a discounted rate usually with an expiry date.
- Program - a combined series of 1:1 sessions to delve deeper into an issue, often used in a coaching, an identified health concern and/or personal development scenario.
- Package - when a multi-session discount is applied ie. 1 session is $150, or purchase 3 for $400.
- Workshop - typically a half-day, full day or over a few days (shorter than a course), often on a specific topic, and normally for interest rather than for a qualification. If you are providing a workshop with other practitioners, then everyone providing advice would be required to be part of the SoulAdvisor community, meet our qualification standards and hold appropriate insurance.
- Retreat - an immersion type experience, involving time spent away with multiple participants including accommodation. Can be for personal interest or qualification purposes. If you are providing retreats with other practitioners, then everyone providing advice would be required to be part of the SoulAdvisor community, meet our qualification standards and hold appropriate insurance.
- Course - typically runs over a series of weeks, broader than workshop topic, offering a qualification on completion. As a course will provide a qualification and your students may want to register with SoulAdvisor, than to nominate a course we would require it to be an accredited course by an appropriate association.
- Conference/Summit - usually an industry aligned event, bringing multiple experts together to disperse information for educational purposes or advancement of the profession/industry. Appropriate insurance would be required.
- Festival/Event - usually less structured than a conference or summit, with an emphasis on activities and experiences, often for personal interest rather than professional advancement. Appropriate insurance would be required.